Covid-19 – The difference you have made
Over the last year we’ve been overwhelmed by the support and goodwill received from locally based businesses, the community, and beyond. With your amazing generosity we have been able to support our staff during the coronavirus outbreak; caring for them, while they care for others.
Your donations have made a big difference to our staff in a time of great difficulty, helping to fund:
- The NHS Heroes Support Hub, a supermarket sized retail unit which was donated free of rental charge and manage by a group of local volunteers to enable the distribution of essential food and provisions to NHS Staff during lockdown, when supermarket shelves were bare. A satellite NHS Heroes Support Hub also opened in Chorley, where staff could access food drink and toiletries free of charge.
- 4,000 NHS Heroes comfort packs for frontline colleagues, consisting of various snacks, toiletries and other small gifts. Many staff members have expressed how much these care packages have gone a long way to help them feel cared for during the pandemic.
- 10,000 hydration bottles for staff across our trusts to keep staff safely hydrated whilst working in very difficult conditions
- Outdoor seating area at Chorley and South Ribble Hospital, so staff can enjoy their breaks outside and get some fresh air
- The distribution of generous donations of meals and treats for staff, including those provided by Gafoor & ‘Meals for the NHS’
- Thanks to very generous donations from James Hall Co Ltd, NHS Charities Together and Captain Sir Tom Moore, our staff are also set to benefit from state of the art sleep pods to enable them to catch up on much-needed sleep after long shifts, as well as additional rest and recreational areas within the hospitals.
Our Hospitals are once again under an unprecedented amount of pressure as new Covid patients are admitted daily. Our dedicated staff at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust currently find themselves in the most challenging time of the pandemic yet. Every single day our staff are working tirelessly, putting those they care for first. Many are working long, intense shifts, dealing with high levels of stress and are feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.
You can say your own ‘thank you’ by donating towards our Staff Wellbeing fund. All money raised will go directly towards funding staff recreational areas and break rooms within our hospitals. With your support, we can create restful areas to help improve the mental wellbeing of our staff and provide a comfortable relaxing area to eat and unwind, as well as a space to catch up on much needed sleep after long shifts before driving home safely to their families.
Any donation, big or small, will make a huge difference to the wellbeing of our staff, providing long-term support for our incredible staff who continue to go the extra mile to tackle this dreadful virus- COVID-19.
Make your donation today: www.justgiving.com/campaign/wellbeing-fund
Thank you for your support!