Our Rainbow run was an absolute success with supporters choosing where, how, when and what they did to raise funds for our Children’s Appeal.
Our Children’s Appeal has a goal of raising £1 million by the end of 2023. Those funds will go towards creating a bright, friendly and appealing environment for children visiting Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, making it a less scary place for children who unfortunately may find themselves on the children’s ward. Children as young as one-day-old can be treated through our Children’s Services and we want the give those children, and their families, world class care in a relaxing and safe environment.
So, let’s take a look at what some of our amazing participants got up to:
- Lisa Markey and her two sons, Jack and Noah, wanted to raise funds for the children and families that find themselves having to stay in hospital. They climbed the 557 meters of Pendle Hill and encouraged by the cause, they raised a total of £650. Well above their target!
- Fulwood based experts in safety, Arco, cycled the 21 mile stretch of the Guild Wheel. Realising how precious life and hospital care is after the pandemic, the chose to raise money for us to help support patients, family members and the hardworking NHS staff. The group of six tackled the long ride on, raising an incredible £692.
- Divisional Nurse Director for Children, Young People and Neonates at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Trust, Jo Connelly, took on Liverpool Rock and Roll 10k. With the new hobby of running and an obvious link to our Children’s Appeal, raised £317 in total. We hope you’ve got those legs resting for the next run?
- St Bedes Catholic Primary School took part in their own Rainbow Run. Raising £109, the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and planner, Mrs Hill, has said they will definitely be taking party next year. We’re so lucky and thankful you’ve chosen to continue to fundraise for us.
- Petra Sindall, who unfortunately found herself on Royal Preston Hospital’s Children Ward when she was very young, wanted to give back and help fundraise for our Children’s Appeal. Walking, swimming and cycling during the month of October, Petra has made her mum Julie, and us, very proud, raising £600 in total. What an incredible achievement for someone so young.
- Bev Taylor, along with Rach and her cute pooch, Wilf, raised £40 in total. One of our only pooch supporters we are looking forward to getting Wilf involved in even more of our fundraising events. Well done!
Wow, as you can see our fundraisers have done so well! Currently the total raised is just under £2,500 raised but we’re still seeing support coming in.
We’d like to take the opportunity to thank our amazing fundraisers and those who supported them. Without you we couldn’t make such a difference to the 10,000+ children cared for by our amazing paediatrics staff.
In 2022 we plan to do an in person event, so we can all get behind each other and reach that £1 million target by 2023.
If you’d like to learn more about our Children’s Appeal, get involved or donate, then please visit our Children’s Appeal page or contact us today on firstname.lastname@example.org.